Not So Obvious RV Services to Have Done This Summer
Preparing your RV for camping is something that needs to be done yearly. You have a good idea of what repairs and maintenance need to be done to keep your RV summer ready. However, other kinds of RV service might not be so obvious but will make your summer camping around Edmonton much more satisfactory. If you’re not sure what you are missing, book a full RV service with us today.
Not So Obvious RV Services to Perform before Summer Camping
Here are a few things that you should do to help you get your RV ready for camping this summer that you probably haven’t thought about.
- Check your screens for signs of tears, wear, and degeneration. Your screens need to be taken care of every year as you prepare your RV for summer. Having your screens in proper condition will help keep the critters out of your RV and make camping much more fun.
- Another RV service that needs to be performed is checking the awning. You may think because it is rolled up and tucked away that nothing could happen. It is an excellent idea to unroll your awning and check it for tears or cracks. Have an awning repair kit ready to perform fixes.
- Check all the seams of your RV for cracks or wear. You want to be able to prevent both air and water leaks before they occur. Make sure to have the proper repair materials with you so that you can perform simple repairs as you do your check.
- Clean the cabinets and check all the hinges on the doors. You don’t want to have to deal with the constant squeaking of doors or have them falling off the hinges because of erosion. Oil the hinges and replace any that have signs of severe damage.
- All lights need to be checked. Not just signal or headlights, but the lights inside your RV need to be checked too. When conducting your RV service, you want to be sure that all the lights are working. If you have an RV pulled by a truck, you also want to check the connection lights to be sure that they are in good working order.
- As part of your RV service, you should make sure all your filters are replaced. Most have probably gathered dust over the winter slumber and to be entirely ready for summer camping. It is a good idea to check all your cabin and vehicle filters to ensure optimal efficiency.
Have the Professionals Help
There is only so much you can do when it comes to RV service. Therefore, when you have done all you can do, it is time for you to take your RV to the professionals. Our team at Edmonton RV can perform all the RV service that you may not be able to do yourself or have overlooked. Come and see us today.