Top DIY RV Service Tips
When it comes time to do some RV service, you want to be sure that you are tackling the right issues.
Here are some basic RV service tips you can make use of to help you keep your RV in tip top shape:
- Make sure to regularly change the oil and filters to keep your motorhome running in optimal condition.
- If your RV has a generator, be sure to service this regularly. It is important your back up power supply is apart of all your RV service needs.
- Be sure that when you perform RV service that you have all your filters changed. These filters would include the fuel, air and hydraulic filters. Make sure to have them changed regularly to prevent any issues down the line.
- You should regularly check your RV over from top to bottom to check for cracks or seals that might be broken. Unattended cracks or broken seals can lead to a slew of issues, be sure to perform this important RV service the minute it is noticed.
- One very important aspect of RV service is your brakes. You always want to be sure they are in good working condition. Damage to the brakes could cost you a lot of out pocket, so make sure they are in perfect running condition.
- Before every trip, you want to check your tire pressure. Make sure they are at the required levels according to your manual. Be sure to check that all the lug nuts are also perfectly tight, and none have come loose.
- Depending on what type of roof you have, you should check this twice yearly. A rubber roof needs to be treated at least once per year, so be sure to put this on your to do list.
- Always check your battery before you head out for the season and before you store it for the winter. A deep cycle battery has a life span of 3-5 years. Be sure to change it at the end of the life cycle.
It is important that you perform RV service before, during and after every camping season. This is the best way to ensure that you get many wonderful years of camping.
When it comes time to get your RV checked, come on down to Edmonton RV and let us perform your RV service for you. You want to be sure that you can go camping anytime with peace of mind knowing you will be safe and secure.